In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

January 10, 2010

"Please don’t label me. Let me grow up and choose for myself"

There has been growing vehemence against raising children under a particular belief system. Richard Dawkins is one of the outspoken persons who calls parents not to label their children as Muslim, Christian, Hindu or Buddhist, but to let them grow-up and decide for themselves. From the outlook it does sound very apealing and convincing. However, is it plausible to do so? Is it the most appropriate way to raise kids? Aren't there any harms in advocating it? These are very serious questions that need to be asked.

In the article titled "Religious education is not brainwashing", Father Stephen Wang examines the campaign "Please don’t label me. Let me grow up and choose for myself", initiated by British Humanist Association. He cites four reasons why the call to liberate the children from the clutches of beliefs is naive.

Click here to read the article: Religious education is not brainwashing

No comments:

Post a Comment